Deficiencies of vitamins occur primarily due to our food not containing sufficient amounts and secondarily due an underlying disorder that prevents or limits the absorption or use of the organic compound. Insufficiency or lack of these vital organic components in the body may cause deficiency diseases affecting organ systems. Care should be taken to avoid overdoses which usually happens with supplements and may cause nausea, diarrhea, vomiting and rashes.
Oral and topical use of vitamins has been found give many benefits in dermal care. The antioxidant benefits of vit-C and vit-E help in preventing wrinkles and skin aging. Vit-A is useful in the control of acne and preventive care. Vit-K is believed to be useful in the prevention of dark circles under the eyes.
Detailed information about each of them is given in the following list of web pages.
- Vit- B1 deficiency causes sensitivity
- Vit- B2 (riboflavin) deficiency can cause wrinkles
- Vit- B3 (niacin) deficiency can cause inflammation, canker sores and eruptions (rashes)
- Vit- B5 (pantothenic acid) is essential for healthy skin
- Vit- B6 (pyridoxine, Pyridoxal phosphate, pyridoxamine) deficiency can cause dermatitis
- Vit- B7 (biotin) deficiency causes hair fall and loss
- Vit- B9(folic acid) deficiency causes dermatitis
- Vit- B12 (Cyanocobalamin) deficiency causes white spots